List of things I'm working on
The following is a list of things I'm working on in my study of budō.
- Take more initiative in randori. (In progress)
- Nukitsuke: Get good sayabanare when making nukitsuke strikes; avoid flicking motions. (In progress)
- Cut outwards, not downwards. (In progress)
- Ensure feet face forwards! (In progress)
- Avoid bobbing my head when cutting from jōdan no kamae. (Under control)
- When performing a tsuki attack, don't lower the kissaki.
- Ganmenate: tsuki using hips. (In progress)
- Ukenagashi: aim cut correctly. (In progress)
- Increase distance of ashisabaki sliding movements. (In progress)
- Keep left hand on the centre-line. (Under control)